How to disable Windows Defender in Windows 8.1?
Almost all users of the Windows 8.1 operating system know that Microsoft Defender antivirus is integrated into it, which does a good job of its functions. However, Defender does not always allow you to install the utility KMSPico to activate Windows, because it’s free, there is absolutely no guarantee that developers are using this utility to collect sensitive information. Therefore, taking care of individual security, they often buy a license for well-known antivirus programs, and disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 8.1.
How to permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 8.1
You can disable Microsoft Defender permanently on your own as follows:
1. Turn on the “Run” function by pressing the combination “Win” + “R”, in the text field of the window that appears, write the regedit command and click “OK”
2. In the left panel, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender
3. Right-click on the “Windows Defender” folder and select “Permissions” in the context menu
4. Click “Advanced”, then “Change Owner”
5. In the window that appears in the text field, write “Administrators” and confirm the changes by clicking “OK”
6. Under the inscription “Administrators …” uncheck the box and click «Apply»
7. Click on “Administrators” of your computer
8. Here you need to check the box “Full control” and in all three windows to close them, click “OK”
9. Go to the “Registry Editor” along the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender in the right panel, open “DisableAntiSpyware REG_DWORD”, change the parameter “Value data” – 1
10. Now at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecurityHealthService we change parameters 2 to 3
In order for the changes to take effect, all that remains is to close the registry editor and restart the computer so that Microsoft Defender in Windows 8.1 turns off forever.